The ECRR network consists of individuals, national centres and partner organisations. Currently nearly 800 individuals receive the ECRR newsletter, which keeps them up to date about all ECRR and related activities. If you would like to receive the newsletter you can sign up free of charge.
5th ECRR/RESTORE International River Restoration Conference, Vienna 2013; ECRR Welcome reception © ECRR
At present, the following national centers for river restoration are affiliated with the ECRR:
- Italy: Italian Centre for River Restoration (Centro Italiano per la Riqualificazione Fluviale) - CIRF
- United Kingdom: The River Restoration Centre - RRC
- Spain: Spanish Centre for River Restoration (Centro Iberico de Restauracion Fluvial) - CIREF
- Romania: Romanian River Restoration Centre - RRRC More information NC Romania.pdf
The RCRR Secretariat operates under Romanian Waters national company.
- Finland: Environment Institute - SYKE more information NC Finland.pdf
- Russia: Russian Institute for Integrated Water Management and Protection - RosNIIVH
- The Netherlands: Netherlands Centre for River Studies - NCR
- Norway: Norwegian Environment Agency- Miljødirektoratet More infprmation NC Norway.pdf
- Slovenia: Institute for Water of the Republic of Slovenia - IzVRS
- Ukraine: Institute of Water Problems and Land Reclamation - IWPLR
- Poland: Department of Hydraulic Engineering of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences - SSGW
- France: French Agency for Biodiversity - ONEMA More information NC France.pdf
A National Centre does not have to be a specific type of legal entity; it can be anything between a full-fledged network, a small NGO and a formal institution. A National Centre represents the diverse array of river restoration actors in its country, i.e. practitioners, researchers and other experts. In order to qualify as a National Centre with the ECRR, the organisation needs to be considered broadly as a proper institution to act as such for that specific country (supported by referral by the appropriate ministry), and needs to be willing to participative actively in the organization of ECRR activities.
There are /various activities various activities that a National Centre can develop in order to contribute to more and better river restoration.
ECRR works together with a number of partner organisations that strive to achieve similiar goals:
- Asian River Restoration Network - ARRN
- Australian River Restoration Centre - ARRC
- European Water Association - EWA
- International Network of Basin Organisations - INBO
- International RiverFoundation - IRF
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization - UNESCO
- Wetlands International - WI
- International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River - ICPDR
- World Wildlife Fund - WWF
- Global Water Partnership - GWP
- The Ramsar Convention on Wetlands - Ramsar