The ECRR network consists of individuals, national centres and partner organisations. Currently nearly 800 individuals receive the ECRR newsletter, which keeps them up to date about all ECRR and related activities. If you would like to receive the newsletter you can sign up free of charge.
At present, the following national centers for river restoration are affiliated with the ECRR (also see on the map above):
- Italy: Italian Centre for River Restoration (Centro Italiano per la Riqualificazione Fluviale) - CIRF
- United Kingdom: The River Restoration Centre - RRC
- Spain: Spanish Centre for River Restoration (Centro Iberico de Restauracion Fluvial) - CIREF
- Denmark: Danish Centre for River Restoration (Dansk Center for Vandlobsrestaurering) - DCVR
- Romania: Romanian River Restoration Centre - RRRC
The RCRR Secretariat operates under Romanian Waters national company.
- Finland: Environment Institute - SYKE
- Russia: Russian Institute for Integrated Water Management and Protection - RosNIIVH
- The Netherlands: Netherlands Centre for River Studies - NCR
- Belgium: University of Antwerp - UoA
- Norway: Norwegian Environment Agency- Miljødirektoratet
- Slovenia: Institute for Water of the Republic of Slovenia - IzVRS
- Ukraine: Institute of Water Problems and Land Reclamation - IWPLR
- Poland: Department of Hydraulic Engineering of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences - SSGW
A National Centre does not have to be a specific type of legal entity; it can be anything between a full-fledged network, a small NGO and a formal institution. A National Centre represents the diverse array of river restoration actors in its country, i.e. practitioners, researchers and other experts. In order to qualify as a National Centre with the ECRR, the organisation needs to be considered broadly as a proper institution to act as such for that specific country (supported by referral by the appropriate ministry), and needs to be willing to participative actively in the organization of ECRR activities.
There are various activities that a National Centre can develop in order to contribute to more and better river restoration.
ECRR works together with a number of partner organisations that strive to achieve similiar goals:
- Asian River Restoration Network - ARRN
- Australian River Restoration Centre - ARRC
- European Water Association - EWA
- International Network of Basin Organisations - INBO
- International RiverFoundation - IRF
- French National Agency for Water and Aquatic Environments - ONEMA
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization - UNESCO
- Wetlands International - WI
- International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River - ICPDR
- World Wildlife Fund - WWF
- Global Water Partnership - GWP
- The Ramsar Convention on Wetlands - Ramsar