Directory of past events
Click on the link below to be directed to the post event report. Presentations are available here in pdf format. For powerpoint presentations and notes visit our slideshare site (Please note that not all powerpoints are available and these are not posted in order).
- Vienna, Austria, 11-13 September 2013 - European River Restoration Conference
- London, UK, 28 August 2013 - NLA and RESTORE Afternoon Boat Trip on the Thames
- Lahti, Finland, 14-16th August - North Region RESTORE Closing Seminar event
- Scheldt River, Belgium, 27th June 2013 - Discussing the challenge of Restoring Europe's Rivers
- Utrecht, The Netherlands, 26-27th June 2013 - Understanding River Restoration
- Münich and Basel area, Germany- Switzerland, 21-25th May 2013 - Restoration of River Dynamics and Continuity in Heavily Modified Rivers
- Dublin, Ireland, 9-10th April 2013 - Exploring the synergy between EU Directives to achieve best practice river restoration and management
- Brussels, Belgium, 27th February 2013 - The benefits of restoring natural processes
- Ruse, Bulgaria, 8th November 2012 - River Restoration: an important activity in water management field
- Bolzano, Italy, 5th November 2012 - River restoration in river basin management plans in Europe
- Southern Sweden, 29th October - 2nd November 2012 - agriculture and hydropower in Southern Sweden
- London, UK, 25th October 2012 - Restoring London's River
- Loire valley, France, 11-12th October 2012 - Removal of Water Level Management Structures and River Restoration Field Visit
- Birnham, Scotland, 27th September 2012 - Improving morphology and fish passage in high energy river
- Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic, 14th September 2012 - sharing good practice in river restortaion workshop at the 8th European Conference on Ecological Restoration
- Aarhus, Denmark, 20th June 2012 - Linking Wetlands, Floodplains and River Restoration
- Warsaw, Poland, 11-15th June 2012 - Establishing a Polish river restoration network
- Switzerland, 21-23rd May 2012 - Field Visit
- Iasi, Romania, 9-12th May 2012 - Sharing River Restoration Knowledge and Experience in Europe
- Nottingham, UK, 20th April - Sharing Good Practice
- Arnhem, The Netherlands, 8th March 2012 - Making Space for Water and Spatial Planning
- Lille, France, 22nd February 2012 - River Restoration International Water Management Workshop
- Helsinki, Finland, 26th January 2012 - Finnish watercourse restoration network
- Paris, France, 29th November 2011 - River Restoration Policy and River Basin Planning Workshop
- Ljubljana, Slovenia, 16-18th November 2011 - Restore Network Event
- Italy + Austria, 25-28th October 2011 - Incised rivers and morphological restoration
- Leon, Spain, 18th October 2011 - Benefits and costs of river restoration
- Norway, 28-30th September 2011 - Nordic Water Framework Directive Conference
- Newforest, UK, 13th July 2011 - Restore Workshop
- Finland, 18-19th May 2011 - Agriculture, environmentally sound drainage and river restorarion
Post Event reports:
- Scheldt River, Brussels - A boat cruise on the Scheldt Rivel discussing the challenges of river restoration in Europe. View the announcement and read the summary. See the presentations:
Better Rivers - Jenny Mant
Policy Implementation for Better Rivers - Martin Janes & Lawrence Talks
The Scheldt River Basin - Ilke Dieltjens
The Danube - Wolfgang Stalzer
Taking river restoration forward - Chris Baker
- Lahti, Finland - 14.-16.8.2013 North region RESTORE final seminar and two day excursion in the Helsinki and Lahti regions. Look at the presentations at the seminar and the report of the three day event
- Utrecht, The Netherlands - A two-day training course focusing on the importance of understanding natural river processes when designing river restoration projects for ecological and habitat benefits. Links to the outputs and event report.
1. Partnership for sharing knowledge & promoting best practice on River Restoration - Toni Scarr
2. The Turtoise: how to convert a dewatering ditch into a river - Yves Hubert
3. Europe in the Meuse valley: border or common, how so? Focus on transboundary realisation - Katia Nagels
- Münich and Basel area, Germany- Switzerland, 21.-25.5.2013 - A four day field visit excursion of the restoration of river dynamics and continuity in heavily modified rivers. Look at the programme and the event reports from Germany and Switzerland.
- Dublin, Ireland - A two day workshop to bring together policy makers and river basin managers to explore the synergy between EU Directives to achieve best practice river restoration and management. See the event report for more details and outcomes.
- Bolzano, Italy- A seminar focusing on 'river restoration in river basin management plans in Europe was held on the 5th November. The presentations are now available.
- Ruse, Bulgaria - Workshop to familiarise policy makers and river basin planners with methods to influence (other) policy makers in their country, in order to accept and put into practice river restoration in correlation with infrastructure of flood protection, hydropower plants, etc. Also the workshop provided building blocks for developing a strategy to reach and stimulate policymakers to implement the relevant EU Directives. Workshop report. Presentation Wim Zeeman.
- Czech Republic, 14th September 2012 - sharing good practice in river restortaion workshop at the 8th European Conference on Ecological Restoration. This included a workshop and field visits. Event report
- London, UK- The effective restoration of London’s rivers can provide improved natural habitats for wildlife and a better space for human recreation. Designed imaginatively, they can also even help to reduce crime and the fear of crime and contribute to a higher quality of life for all. - event presentations go to our slideshare site or read our news article or report.
Presentations (In order of appearance)
Rottal burn restoration project (Kenny MacDougall, EnviroCentre Ltd.)
- Warsaw, Poland - 11-15 June 2012 - Field visit, seminar and discussion about establishing a Polish river restoration network Event report
7. RESTORE poster presentation can be downloaded using this links: RESTORE
Arnhem, The Netherlands - 8th March 2012 - Making Space for Water and Spatial Planning - Agenda, Site visit, & Report. Presentations (In order of appearance) Introduction to RESTORE (Antonia Scarr, Environment Agency) Delivering river restoration through the UK planning system (Judith Cooke, Environment Agency) Making Room for the River - the Dutch experience (Michael van Buuren, Dutch Government) French experience of spatial planning (Emmanuel Steinmann, Office of Planning and Economy) River restoration delivery and land use planning (Tim Crawshaw, Darlington Borough Council) Delivering river restoration from UK Agency perspective (Dave Webb, Environment Agency) Isar Plan River Project (Nivedita Mahida, Water Authority Lower Baveria)
- Ljubljana, Slovenia - 16th-18th November 2011- Reporting from the World Water Forum (16-18 Nov, 2011) and RESTORE network event in Ljubljana, Slovenia. The partners for river restoration in Europe held a network event in Ljubljana, Slovenia during the World Water Forum, 16-18 November 2011. Here you can find the reports, pictures and other resources from this event.
For event presentations go to our slideshare site